Services offered in conservation of photography.
- Identifying the photographic processes
- Condition reports
- Treatments on fine art and historical photographs
- Evaluation of damage on all types of photographic support
- Consultations on preservation of photograph collections
- Providing general conservation advice, assistance and training regarding environment conditioning
- On site inspection
Historical and technical knowledge of the following supports:
Negatives: calotype, collodion wet plate negative, collodion dry plate negative, gelatin dry plate negative, rool film, sheet film, cellulose nitrate film, cellulose di-acetate film, cellulose tri-acetate film, polyethylene terephtalate
Positives: daguerreotype, ambrotype, tintype; Salted paper print, albumen print, silver gelatin print (DOP and POP), Cyanotype, Gum dichromate print, carbon print, woodburytype, collotype, platinotype, RC print, instant B/W photograph, chromogenic color print, Cibachrome, Dye Transfer, Polacolor, SX-70. Autochrome plate, Dufaycolor, Uvachrome; major digital print processes: continuous-tone and halftone image.
Knowledge in the field:
- Knowledge of the material components, their causes of deterioration, effects and preservation problems
- Knowledge of conservative and preventive treatments specific for individual items or collections
- Basic knowledge of paper conservation applied to photography
- Handling, display and storage: knowledge of the general and specific devices to follow
- Storage. Knowledge of the criteria to preserve photographic supports, according to specific needs for a good conservation they request (T, RH, light)
- Technical knowledge and ability in digitization, reproduction and archiving of photographs and in writing conservation reports
- Building and optimization of software for managing reports on the status of entire collections with Filemaker.